[nagdu] Clicker training, hot weather

Lora and Myrtle blindhistory at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:33:00 UTC 2009

I've used a clicker for my dog to show her to slow down on stairs. For this
I would take a step down a stair and when she stopped i'd click and give
food reward continue down another stair click and treat. It depends on the
behavior on when you click. I have also used it with going around obstacles
(my guide takes obstacles really close) so I was training her to go around
obstacles widely. I would tell her left left tap my leg and click reward.
After a few times I would phase out the left left command and click when she
went wider around obstacles.

As far as the heat I would get booties for your dog. I found a pair but they
ended up being too big and kept twisting around. Alot of dog guide users use
rough wear. They are a little pricy though.

If you want to you can email me off list about clicker and I can help you.
blindhistory at gmail.com

--
Lora and Leader Dog Myrtle