[nagdu] clicker training and hot weather work

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 22:30:52 UTC 2009

Hi every one,    I also use clicker training, with my dogs. I find that it
cuts the training time down a lot. I am currently training a foster dog to
be a service dog. He has learned sit, down ,stay and to retrieve  dropped
items. This dog was not a natural retriever, and would not even chase a
ball. With clicker training, I taught him to pick up a chew toy, and bring
it to me and drop it into my hand,all in 10 minutes. We are now working on
keys.   It never gets to cold here in Arizona,but it does get very hot. I
try to go out in the early morning, or when the sun starts going down. If I
must go out during the day,I will wet my dog down with the hose before we
leave. Huskies don't have a bad doggy smell. I also use boots on my dogs in
the summer.  If I feel that is is to hot for me , I will leave my dog home,
and some times I will also stay home.  Have a great day, Mardi and
Nala,semi-retired, and Wanagi, career changed.