[nagdu] Flint River Ranch again

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Sat Jan 24 15:20:11 UTC 2009

Hello!

I realize that I asked if anyone had any experience with Flint River Ranch dog food a few weeks a go.  The responses I got indicated that people felt there was too much wheat in the original formula.  I am now wondering if anyone has any experience with either the lamb millet and rice formula or the trout and sweet potato formula?

***possible TMI read on at your own risk***
Monty has chronic very soft poop that often deteriorates to diarrhea.  He also has horrible gas.   He has absolutely no other symptoms.  He is extremely high energy, healthy appetite, shiny coat etc.

He has been to the vet, who has no clue what the problem is.  Monty has been tested for every sort of parasite, bacteria, creepy crawly that there is.  The only thing that any of the tests have shown is that he is low on the necessary intestinal bacteria.  He has taken Tylan that was supposed to help.  It did for a short time. He has also been through dewormers, antibiotics and anti giardia medications.  Nothing has cured the problem.

I have supplemented his food with pumpkin, yogurt and golden seal herb, not at the same time.  Each helps for a bit, but then we are back to the beginning again.

So now I am switching him to a different food in hope that will solve the problem.  He currently eats Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul.  The vet is recommending Iams something or another.  I am not interested in feeding Iams, Science Diet, Eukanuba or anything from the grocery store.

Any thoughts on what to try, dog food that you have found beneficial in this type of situation or a natural remedy that you find helpful, would be most appreciated.

Thanks much,
Julie