[nagdu] Questions about Federal regs regarding paratransit

the Pawpower Pack pawpower at cox.net
Sat Jan 24 18:16:34 UTC 2009

Ron,

It seems the airlines are confused about bulkhead seating.  I flew to
Montana last month and on the way back from Montana to New Orleans the
flight attendant was just all kinds of sure that I wanted to be in the
bulkhead.  I hate the bulkhead because there is no foot room.  I would
rather sit in a regular seat so that my dog can back under the seat in
front of me and lay out of the way and give me some room.  The flight
attendant told me that "it was the law that blind people with dogs sit
in bulkhead."

Eventually things got straightened out but gur.
I know many assistance dog handlers like bulkhead, especially handlers
with larger dogs or dogs who can't for whatever reason fit under the
seat in front.  However there are some of us who would rather not sit
there and I just hope that one day I can fly without a huge production
about where I sit, grin.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau SDIT CGC
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem
pawpower at cox.net

MSN: Brisomania at Hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss