[nagdu] Certification?

the Pawpower Pack pawpower at cox.net
Sun Jan 25 19:28:01 UTC 2009

Nicole,

first of all, I have never met a "self-trained service dog"  If you
find one; a service dog who trains itself, do let me know because if I
had one of those I could stay home and read trashy romance novels
while the dog does all of the training for me.

Seriously though, in the US certification is not required.  I believe
that some countries such as the UK and Australia require certification
and that all guide dogs wear a certain kind of harness which (of
course) the programs issue.  I could be wrong about this, and I am
sure someone will tell me if I am.

In the countries I've visited, e.g. Mexico, various countries in the
Caribbean, certification was never asked for and was not a condition
of access to that country.

I am not enough of a world traveler for this certification issue to be
a deal breaker for me as far as training my own dogs.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau SDIT CGC
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

  pawpower at cox.net

MSN: Brisomania at Hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss