[nagdu] Questions about Federal regs regarding paratransit

Ron Davidson fuzzy_1 at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 23:30:42 UTC 2009

The best thing to do in my opinion is be as polite as possible. In the case
of people holding doors open for me I usually say thank you but I need to
have him find the door for me it is past of his job and if he gets used to
people doing it then he will forget. The thing to remember is you never know
when you will need a little extra help. I was at the airport in Chicago
waiting for my flight to NY when just before boarding time they changed
gates. I asked the agent if they could get me to the new gate and they said
they couldn't leave the podium. Then a very nice lady said she could help me
but she didn't know how to guide me. I thanked her and said all I need is
your left elbow to hang on to and I can walk with you this way. So there are
allot of people that mean well and are willing if they don't get their head
bitten off in the process. The first thing a blind person has to learn is
patience.