[nagdu] The Response I received from PETA

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 27 22:40:20 UTC 2009

Yeah, I know about kids not being able to assist a person like an adult PCA.
I didn't really see her with her kids - except for a couple of times.
That's when I told her that I didn't think it appropriate for her to use the
kids for PCAs.  She belonged to a disability group I was in.  I never saw a
husband - he was history by time I knew her.

Thinking about this disabled woman that I knew, I've also seen blind people
use their kids as helpers as well - even little kids.  Here in San Diego,
I've seen non-English speakers use their kids as interpreters - even ones as
young as pre-schoolers. Anyone come across this in their travels?

Linda and Landon