[nagdu] Dog Boots

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jan 30 12:52:21 UTC 2009

I have Ruffware boots, but I've never used them outside of the first time
in class.  I would use them, if the sidewalk was really salted after a
snow (which it hasn't been), or if it's really hot (but I try not to walk
too far when it's really hot).
I had some funny dog socks for Echo, which I used a bit more.  Snow seemed
to bother her feet more than it does Ben's.  He's a man, guess he's tough.

The one and only time I used Ben's boots was when we put them on in class,
and just then some idiot pulled the fire alarm.  My silly instructor said
not to try to work the dogs with their boots on, so I was trying to
evacuate with Ben out of harness, in an unfamiliar part of the building.
After I tripped on something, I decided that was stupid and shoved Ben's
harness on him.  He worked great, despite new boots and the blaring alarm.
I was proud of him.  And rather disgusted with my instructor. What the
heck was she thinking?!
Tracy