[nagdu] Dog Boots / Church / and still have not found a dog

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:37:29 UTC 2009

Hi Every one,   I use dog boots on my dogs in the Summer,here in Tucson
Arizona. It is definitely worth it. It keeps my dogs paws from getting
burned. They don't need coats as it does not get that cold here and my dogs
are huskies with thick coats. They do shed out in the Spring and Summer.
They seem to do OK in the Summer and If it is really hot,I either stay
home,or go out early in the morning,or when the sun goes down.If I must go
out in the middle of the day,I wet my dog down with a hose and then put the
harness on the wet dog. Huskies don't seem to have a bad doggy odor.    I
have been made to feel unwelcome at the church that I attended because of my
dog. I was told that there were enough people to help me that I did not need
to bring my dog to church. I stopped going to church. I did not feel like
looking for another church as I did not want to go through all that again. I
just set aside time each Sunday morning and do my own thing. I don't feel
that I need to be in a church to talk to God. I strongly believe in the
power of prayer and I am quite happy to do things my way. I have the Bible
on tape and listen to it often.If I hit a snag in life, I consult the Bible
and I usually find the answers I am seeking. It works for me.  I still have
not found a dog to train. I do believe that there is a dog out there for me,
and I will find it. It is just going to take time.I will keep looking until
I find that dog.       Have a great day, Mardi and Nala,semi-retired