[nagdu] issues with Super 8

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 11 12:11:51 UTC 2009

Chasity,
    First of all, let me say that Illinois has very good access legislation
protecting the rights of service animal users making it a misdemeanor to
deny access! Secondly, I will say that the police department should - and I
stress "should" - be well informed of the law! In April of last year I
participated in two workshops sponsored by the Illinois Attorney General's
office to educate State's Attorneys and law enforcement officials. This
being said, this is what i suggest: If someone from the hotel contacts you
and you are told you cannot stay even after you explain the law, tell them
you will not bring your guide dog, but do so anyway. Then, contact the local
law enforcement agency and explain the issue to them and make sure they
understand the law and will have someone available to assist you at the time
you arrive. Feel free to get in touch with me and I will help you out, if
you wish. You may call me at 813-626-2789.

Fraternally,
Marion