[nagdu] My new dog

Ted Shelly tshelly at optonline.net
Fri Jul 24 13:47:13 UTC 2009

Tracey,

Thanks for the excellent advice.  I'll make a test run in a week or two and
we'll see how it goes in the big city.

Yes, they suggested that we heel the dog on and off buses.  But it does make
sense to me to work him when getting off.  I'll practice here in Stamford
and see how it goes for us.  The subways are different, they teach working
him on and off.  We practiced that on the light rail in Portland and Cruz
did very well, he had traveled it a lot as a puppy.

I imagine we will have plenty of adventures.  Never a dull moment for a
guide dog handler!

Ted