[nagdu] ot: gas stoves

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jun 1 12:53:08 UTC 2009

Of course, blind people can cook on gas stoves, but I would urge people to
treat them with respect.  A few years ago, I was badly burned by an
accident with a gas stove.  I stupidly forgot to put the pot on top of the
burner, and reached over it to get tea down from the cabinet above.  I
didn't realize how high the flame was, and it caught my shirt on fire.  I
spent 2 fun-filled weeks in the burn ward, followed by more weeks of
painful recovery.  I really can't recommend it.
So please, treat those gas stoves with respect.  One little mistake can
have big consequences.
Tracy