[nagdu] Deaf and hard of hearing guide dog use

helene ryles dreamavdb at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:26:18 UTC 2009

I am deafblind and used to have a working guide dog. Jilli has now
retired and I'm learning the cane routes. I've decided this is now
best for me since I wasn't getting enough landmarks with a dog. In
most lighting conditions I cannot hear or see anything at all.  It was
getting a little frustrating.

Helene