[nagdu] transportation

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 2 19:00:01 UTC 2009

Dar,

Yikes!  Have they ever heard of vacuum cleaners?  Or seat covers?  Or
priorities?

Sorry to come off so judgmental, but it sounds like selfishness on their
part.  Or control by making conditions for your use of a needed resource.  I
have known a few people who will do that, especially in places public
transportation isn't an option.  S/he who hold the keys rules.  Oddly, now
that I live in an area with really good public transportation, people can't
wait to offer me rides so I won't have to take the bus.  Isn't that odd?
Must be a cultural difference or something, even though the actual distance
between where I had to rely on rides and here is so short and is within the
same state.  Huh.

Since it's an organized church setting, I'm assuming you've talked to your
parish priest?  Can you go over his head to a regional authority with the
church?

I wish I had more to offer towards a solution, but I know there are others
here with more knowledge of the law and ways of advocating.  Hang in there!

Tami Smith-Kinney