[nagdu] Woman with guide dog says civil rights were violated

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Sat Jun 6 13:27:44 UTC 2009

Oh Marsha, I completely agree with you. I thing some folks though get caught
up in, or simply get tired of, hearing the wrong term and decide to make an
issue of that rather than the over all issue of civil rights. Sometimes you
have to pick your battles. <grin>

Here in Columbus, it used to be that every guide dog was called a Pilot Dog.
That's not so true anymore, but it used to just frost some folks who had
dogs from other schools. I'd just say to people who asked if my dog was a
Pilot Dog when it wasn't, "Well, yes, just from another school so let's call
it a guide dog." That usually worked.

I'd certainly love to hear more about how the manager had doubts about this
woman's disability. Should be interesting to see the results of any court
case if this comes to it.