[nagdu] park time and pick up

Ann Chiappetta dungarees at optonline.net
Thu Jun 11 22:01:49 UTC 2009

Hi Rebecca and all;

GEB stresses a relieving schedule as well as reminding handlers that exercise will also loosen things up . After Ro and I take a long walk, I always take her to relieve before going inside even if we went before the walk.

As for picking up, we are taught how to follow the leash to the dog's back and lightly touch them to see if they are doing ones or twos. The back is flat and slanted for ones and rounded slightly for twos.  I've always taught my pet dogs to do this anyway, so I didn't find it difficult. As for scooping, we are advised to do a side-to-side sweeping pattern with our hand in the bag so we don't miss anything. We are also taught to mark the general spot with a foot so we know where the waste is.

Best,
Annie C. & Verona, dog guide extraordinaire

My blog: www.brainnatter.blogspot.com

I write to find out what I think. -- Stephen King