[nagdu] blue tongue?

Ann Chiappetta dungarees at optonline.net
Thu Jun 11 22:05:47 UTC 2009

        So Ro and I were sitting in the doctor's office. She was stowed under my seat and licking one of her paws.

The little boy sitting across from us is watching her and says,
    "mommy, the dog's tongue is blue!"
    The mother looks up from her magazine and says,
    "It's not blue, it's pink. Her lips are black and her tongue is pink, honey." and goes back to reading her magazine.

But the boy is insistent and he persists. The mother, realizing she's not winning, changes the subject.

I go  to the bathroom and return to my seat.

The little boy says,
    "Mommy, look at her tongue, it's got blue on it, really!"

By this time Mom is tired of his imaginative game but she looks.

Finally, I cut in,
    "He's right, you know, her tongue has birth marks on it."
    "Are they bluish black?" she asks.
    "yes, that's what I'm told."

Vindicated, the little boy says,
    "See, I told you her tongue was blue."
I couldn't help laughing.
Best,
Annie and Ro with the blue tongue

My blog: www.brainnatter.blogspot.com

I write to find out what I think. -- Stephen King