[nagdu] Fw: Ybor, Blind Federation Fundraiser 6/19

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 13 01:16:10 UTC 2009

Dear All,
    I thought you would like to read about this unique fund raiser Merry and I are putting on to raise money for the March for Independence and the East Hillsborough Chapter!

Fraternally,
Marion

National Federation of the Blind
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Default.asp

You are invited!
The outrageous fun begins at 5:00 pm with the live auction beginning at 8:30! You can party into the night with the sounds of Article-7.

Benefit Show & Auction for the National Federation of the Blind
Friday, June 19, 2009
5:00 until 10 pm (Auction begins at 8:30!)
Gaspar's Grotto
1805 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, Tampa

All proceeds benefit the NFB Jernigan Institute and the East Hillsborough Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind!

All contributions are tax-deductible!

This Saturday, June 13, is the second Saturday of the month and, therefore, is the monthly meeting of the East Hillsborough Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind! We are busy planning our "Gaspar Loafs for the Blind" event that will be held at Gaspar's Grotto and is being co-sponsored by Creative Loafing magazine. We are having excellent response from businesses in the Ybor Entertainment District and beyond who have contributed some very valuable items for our auction, including

1. Passes for four to Busch Gardens ($300 value)
2. Tattoo and Piercings from Shiva Tatoos (valued at more than $100)
3. 10 Admission tickets to the Improv Comedy Club (valued at $32 Each)
4. Men's & Women's hats from La France Antique Clothing (valued at more than $50 each)
5. Cat & dog Gift Baskets from Boyette Animal Hospital (valued at more than $35 each)
6. Tattoo from Phat Kat (valued at $100)

This is just a sample of some of the items we currently have and more are coming in! We will also be entertained by the acoustic sounds of blind musician Marion & Martin and be treated by probably the only blind female impersonator in the United States, Mr. Alexis Collins, who will perform as Liza Minelli and share a Dolly Parton comedy routine that you must see to believe!

    The outrageous fun begins at 5:00 pm with the live auction beginning at 8:30! You can party into the night with the sounds of Article-7.

If you come....

WHAT: Benefit Show & Auction for the National Federation of the Blind

WHERE: Gaspar's Grotto
       1805 E. 7th Avenue

DATE: Friday, June 19, 2009

TIME: 5:00 until 10 pm
      (Auction begins at 8:30!)

All proceeds benefit the NFB Jernigan Institute and the East Hillsborough Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind!

All contributions are tax-deductible!

The Chapter will also continue planning for our August 8 blind bowling social at Oakfield Lanes and our Meet the Blind Month activities that include an accessible  technology Expo, white Cane safety Day, and more! If you want to be on the forefront of changing what it means to be blind, the East Hillsborough Chapter is the place to be! The East Hillsborough Chapter meets on the second saturday of each month at

H2U Classroom
228 S. Moon Avenue
(Directly across from Brandon Hospital)
Brandon, Florida 33511