[nagdu] question

Ann Chiappetta dungarees at optonline.net
Thu Jun 18 11:47:46 UTC 2009

Hi;
I don't allow my dogs in my kitchen and if they do come in, I say, "out",
then praise them for doing it. My guide does not surf but my pet dog does,
and  we do our best to not leave temptations out there for her. I do crate
her if I catch her, however and over the years she's gotten much better. But
it takes constant vigilance. She never does it in front of us, so it's hard
to catch her at it.

Not sure of how to correct if the dog does it in front of you or how to
counter-train, but  I do remember a friend telling me they had a Boxer who
had to be corrected by a leash correction  and a sit command. The dog had to
wear a short leash while free in the house while being watched and if he
made any attempt to get to the food, the owner had to grab the leash,
correct and sit the dog, then praise.