[nagdu] Returning a dog via crate

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Thu Mar 5 01:16:36 UTC 2009

Laura,

Has Leader given you any direction as to which airline they prefer or how to
pay for this?

I have sent a dog back once via crate. Though the airline could not have
been more kind and appropriate, it was a harrowing experience, in part due
to a snow storm that closed LaGuardia, delaying her departure.

In that case, the school set everything up and I simply had to take her to
the airport.

Depending on the airline, you may have to purchase a travel crate. These
ran, if I bought it from the airline, as I did at the time, around $80 in
1994. I can't imagine what they'd run now. I think I would talk with someone
in a higher position than your trainer, at Leader for more instruction on
this though.

It's always easier to bring her back with you but then you have a couple
months of her being a pet which is probably not going to do her or you a lot
of good.

My heart does go out to you. This is never easy.

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com