[nagdu] Doberman guides

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 00:32:44 UTC 2009

Rox,

I did meet a full dobie guide a few years back and have been really
fascinated by the notion ever since.  And I've probably told you that 700
times by now.  /smile/  He was really huge -- as was the guy he was with --
and I got really gaga over him.  Enough that, despite the fact that I knew
better, I started to reach out to pet him (as a prelude to hugs and kisses,
I'm sure) before I caught myself.  That dog made it very clear that I had
best keep my hands to myself!  The handler added his bit -- more out of
habit, I think than anything -- almost as an afterthought.  I was mortified
by myself, of course.  And I always remember that "back off -- or else!"
look when people are going all gaga over Mitzi (usually because she's dong
her come-hither thing).  I've heard a lot of comparison of poodles to
shepherds in many temperament traits -- and I can definitely see it -- but
In harness, she reminds me most of that dog, only less likely to cause
people to suddenly wonder what they would do without that hand.  /smile/

One of these years, you can expect me to start grilling you on dobies.

Tami Smith-Kinney