[nagdu] Indiana service dog law update

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Mar 16 12:44:42 UTC 2009

>From Kacie Weldy:

Hello all!
The hearing is on Wednesday, the committee hearing starting at 1:30pm.  I
have been
able to arrange transportation and will be there again with Rei. :)
Please write to the committee members below and ask for thier support of
this bill.
We also have three Senate Sponsors including: Senators Stutzman, Kruse and
Becker
It sounds like we do have the support of Senator Alting- the committee
chair, with
this article that Gary Johnson- the gentleman who initiated this bill, came
across:
http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local_wlfi_
civilrightsblindservicedogseeingeyedog_20090315
If you are not in Indiana, PLEASE send this information on to anyone you
know in
Indiana and ask them to write and ask for the support of this bill!  This
can be
friends, family, or other service animal users.  I have listed the committee
members
below and the link on how to email and contact them below.  We need your
help to
get this passed to the senate floor!
Thanks so much for all of your help!  We are getting there!
Sincerely,
Kacie Weldy
AGENDA FOR:  Commerce, Public Policy & Interstate Cooperation
MEETING:  March 18, 130PM, Room 431
CHAIR:  Alting
VICE-CHAIR:
MEMBERS:  Becker R.M., Delph, Merritt, Stutzman, Waltz, Zakas, Deig R.M.M.,
Arnold, Skinner, Taylor
AGENDA:  HB1289  HB1376  HB1524  HB1603
---------
--------------------------------
Who the Committee Members are and how to contact them:
Chair:
Senator Ron Alting                     SD 22 Tippecanoe County
Members:
Senator Vanetta Becker R.M.   SD 50 Vanderburgh/
Warrick Counties
Senator Mike Delph                   SD 29 Hamilton/Marion Counties
Senator James Merritt, Jr.         SD 31 Marion County
Senator Marlin Stutzman           SD 13 Dekalb, Kosciusko, LeGrange, Noble,
& Steuben
Counties
Senator Brent Waltz                   SD 36 Johnson/Marion Counties
Senator Joe Zakas                    SD 11 Elkhart/St. Joseph Counties
Senator Bob Deig R.M.M.,       SD 49 Mount Vernon
Senator Jim Arnold                    SD   8 La Porte/St. Joseph Counties
Senator Tim Skinner                 SD 38 Terre Haute
Senator Greg Taylor                 SD 33 Indianapolis
Here the link to look up and email these committee members along with your
own senators
to ask them to support this bill! :)
Look up and email these senators!
Here is the link to look up who is your own senator:
Who is my senator?
Thank you ALL for your support of this!
Kacie Weldy & Rei
Vice President ~
 Indiana Deaf Blind Association
Read here about my journey with my guide dogs and life:
http://hearnoevil-seenoevil.blogspot.com

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com