[nagdu] Tenant Rights

William ODonnell william.odonnell1 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 15:13:51 UTC 2009

This problem is unfortunatly verry common here in New York City as well.  If landloards do not reject you, then they treat you as if you are indebted to them and you need to repay them in a massiv way.  Stores often let you purchace items; however if it is a place where food is availible, then problems come up.  I have learned that if you say nothing and just show up as a normal person, then people have no choice and then when they start rejecting, you can throw the book at them in person.  Having cash or a check ready for the apartment rental is also helpfull.  Let us face it, if you hand someone "cold cash" for something, there aditude will change from no to "sign here please."  Unfortunatly, cash rules decision-making and not morrals.