[nagdu] toy suggestions?

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed Mar 18 23:28:30 UTC 2009

If your dog is intrigued enough without jingle or squeak, I would recommend
goughnuts. It looks more like a rubber bagel. It comes in two toughnesses.
Initially, we bought Lexia the weaker one, but she has progressed to the
tougher one.  It takes several months for them to chew it enough for them to
destroy it.  It works a lot better than the regular tug rings; Lexia used to
destroy those in a matter of minutes.  However, you do need to be carful
when throwing/rolling it as it is not quite what you would call soft.
However, although not unattended, I do leave Lexia with hers when I am in
the room even if I am not playing with her.

I also have a cong from GDB, but I do not play with it much as it has a
tendency to roll on its own and collect hair, which then causes Lexia to get
sick. There's also the one remaining tug ring from GDB, a big bone that four
kind of ball shapes at each end, and a ball that looks like you drew the
lines of a soccer ball on it then punched out the shapes. However, the cong,
ball, and ring stay put away unless I am playing with them.