[nagdu] Guide dog book at NLS

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 19 17:24:55 UTC 2009

Looking through the most recently added digital talking books at the NLS,
I saw this.  The author, Tom Sullivan, has a Leader dog, I think.  I
remember reading his autobiography sometime in the '80's.
Anyway, this is the NLS blurb:

Together: A Novel of Shared Vision
Sullivan, Tom. Read by Kevin Collins. Reading time 6 hours 4 minutes.
Family

Colorado. Twenty-five-year-old Brenden McCarthy is a first-year medical
resident and an avid mountain climber until a climbing accident blinds
him. Now
Brenden's widowed mother wants to care for him and his fiancée considers
leaving him, while Brenden enters rehabilitation and gets a guide
dog--thrice-rejected
black Labrador Nelson. 2008.