[nagdu] Surgery/bus problems/dealing with the public

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:40:53 UTC 2009

Hi every one,  Linda, My prayers are with you. Hope you heal fast and well.
Has any one heard from Bunny,since her surgery? I hope she is ok. Bunny, if
you are reading this, My prayers are with you also. Be well.   As for my
problems with the bus company, I am waiting for the forms from the DOJ to
make a formal complaint. I also think Marion is working on it from his end.
Dealing with the public when they complain about correcting your dog is a
problem.After Nala and I were hit by that van, Nala tried to get accross
streets as quickly as possible. She started cutting corners,which ment the
wheels of my chair were hitting the curbs and one day one of my wheels broke
off. Big problem for me! I corrected her as this is a serious problem.
People around me were outraged that I would do that to my dog. ( it was just
a leash correction with my unpleasent voice tone) Clearly they do not
understand why the dogs must be corrected and how dangerous it could be for
us if we do not put a stop to their mistakes.I tried to explain to several
people to no avail.One woman who critisized me for correcting my dog, was
dragging a small poodle around with a leash that was tangled up in the dogs
legs and the dog fell over and she was dragging it down the sidewalk, not
paying any attention to what she was doing.Some one told her to pay
attention to her own dog. She picked up the dog and walked off in a huff.
Most of the time I ignore people who critisize me, as I don't need to
correct Nala very often. I worked with her and got her over her fear,and she
no longer cuts corners. If a person is persistant about it, I tell them to
mind there own business.  Rox, thanks for the info. I checked out the deaf
dog web site and got some good ideas. Have a great day, Mardi  and
Nala,semi-retired, and Shaman,gdit.