[nagdu] Surgery/bus problems/dealing with the public

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Sat Mar 21 18:32:35 UTC 2009

Thanks, Mardi. Hey, I liked that story about the woman who was yelling at
you for correcting Nala and her own dog was all tangled up in the leash.
Good, the other person told her off as well.

What I do, if I know people see me correct Landon, is that I praise him
loudly when he does the right thing after the correction! I also try to be
unobtrusive about the correction - real fast leash correction and fierce,
QUIET voice so most people don't hear it. People tend to be drawn to
corrections when they see alot of body movement on our part and a loud,
shouting voice.

I'm healing well after my foot surgery.  I'm still home and using crutches
to take Landon out. I do have paratransit tickets for important stuff I may
want to go to until I can walk well with Landon and take the bus.  After
another week or so, I'll be able to start doing short walks around my
neighborhood. I can heel Landon and use the crutches since I know the
sidewalk very wwell and I go very slow!  I did this with my other foot last
year and it worked out fine.

Take care,

Linda and Landon