[nagdu] Training at TSE

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 00:49:46 UTC 2009

Hi Merry,

congrats on the in-home placement. I was very tempted by a similar offer, but Seeing Eye was first to offer a class date. Just to clarify, we did have opportunities to take the dogs to places where they had not been trained before. I do absolutely agree that an advantage of in-community training is that you can more quickly customize the dog to your area. I just wanted to add that we did have options to customize the training and to work the dogs in areas where they hadn't been. In my case, I was the first person to take Yani to a Lush store. (grin) (For those who don't know, Lush is a manufacturer of soaps, shampoos, and other yummy-smelling stuff. My instructor arranged for me to have a freelance trip to Lush. He didn't want to take me himself, so a female instructor took us. LOL!)

I hope you are able to begin training soon. If I had not ended up at TSE, I would have gone to GDF as well. But TSE had a dog first, and most of training was over my break.

Angie

Sent from my Nokia N82.