[nagdu] Hands Fre Leash?

Brent Reynolds burddawg at bellsouth.net
Tue May 5 21:24:00 UTC 2009

The reason I bought the "Buddy Leash" from KV Vet Supply was the very one
you gave.  It is nice to walk around with a new dog and still have both
hands free and not having to stop to tie it to something when you need both
hands, or keep the dog on a tie-down or bed chain very long.

KV Vet calls their model the Buddy Leash, and the extra leash units are
called, "Extra Buddy".

There is also a heavy nylon leash that goes by hnames like, Multi-Dog Leash,
which has several extra rings along the length of the leash and a snap at
each end.  You can make a single leash of differing lengths, or fold it in
such a way that you have a handle for holding and two straps, each with a
snap so you can walk two dogs on the same leash.  This makes it possible
also to adjust it so that you could have the leash draped on your body and
still have enough extra leash to give the same effect of a short leash and
keep your hands free.

Of all the types I've seen, the "Buddy Leash" has the greatest degree of
adjustability, so, for example, even if you are very tall, you can still be
standing and the dog can curl up on the floor beside you, something not
easily done eith some of the leash gear issued by some of the guide dog
schools, unless you hold your hand down fairly low.

Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA  USA
Email: burddawg at bellsouth.net  Phone: 1-404-814-0768