[nagdu] new

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Sun May 24 15:27:27 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm new here and have been reading the archives and this sounds like a very
knowledgeable and interesting group.  I currently am partnered with James,
my guide of 6 years, who I owner-trained. James is a flat coated retriever
and a lot of fun to live with.  I recently had to CC my puppy in training
due to health issues.  I'm considering going to a program somewhere in the
north east when it comes time for James to retire, rather than owner train
again.

I'm not legally blind, but I use a guide dog for a sensory processing
disorder.  I have a difficult time visually processing the world around me
at a normal rate due to that, so James is trained to work as any guide
would.

I hope to learn a lot reading here on this list.

Katrin & "James"