[nagdu] Introduction

sblanjones11 sblanjones11 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 4 01:01:19 UTC 2009

David,
Welcome to the list.  You may or may not be aware that many who travel with
guide dogs do have some vision.  Some find it useful, while in class, to
wear a blindfold some of the time, to learn to pay attention to their dogs,
and not what they may be seeing.
Many find a guide dog allows them to relax, and not have to concentrate so
much while walking, which makes travel more pleasant.

In any case, we welcome you.  I am working my fifth guide dog, a yellow Lab
named Rhoda, from Guiding Eyes for the Blind in New York.
We live and work in Indianapolis.
Regards,
Susan & Rhoda