[nagdu] speaking too soon

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 7 01:22:01 UTC 2009

Lora,

I'm so sorry for this.  Just when you thought it was safe...

At a glance, it does seem your gathering more and more evidence to support
your stress theory.  It can be difficult and time-consuming -- not to
mention expensive -- to rule everything else out.

I like your plan to take breaks from work for play.  Trice is still a kid,
you know.  /smile/  Kids need to play play.  It's good for their minds as
much as for their bodies, and it's a great way to let them burn off all the
extra explosive energy that the careful, intensive work of guiding doesn't
really provide an outlet for.  Well, I don't know if Trice's spare energy
can be described as explosive, but Mitzi still needs to go nuts and let it
all out.  Yup, she's an exploding poodle.  /grin/  I can tell in her work
when I let the play factor slide and she starts to get out of balance,
though that's starting to taper off at last.  Whew!  Then again, when we
don't go play, I get grumpy!

So you may be onto something there.  Also, letting him play with your mom's
dog is great because he can just be a dog and hang out with his own folk.
/smile/  Dogs are very social critters, so they need that sort of thing as
much as we do.

The trick is fitting it all into your busy life.  If you figure *that* out,
let me in on the secret!

Hang in there, and let us know how it goes.

Tami Smith-Kinney