[nagdu] Guide dog injured on escalator

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 04:03:19 UTC 2009

Hi every one,  I do not use escalators, or moving sidewalks or stairs as I
work my dogs from a wheelchair.My dogs have been trained to sit when I
approach these things so that I will not mistakenly get on them.They are
trained to look for a ramp when I ask them to find one. The thought of using
these devices scares me and I don't think that any dog should use them. I
have witnessed several accidents involving a child and an elderly man. The
man died several days after he was injured on the escalator and the child
recovered. Both had dropped their coats and they got  caught in the
escalator and both of them fell. I would not use these devices even if I had
my full vision. I think they are dangerous.JMHO  Mardi and Shaman and
Nala,retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/