[nagdu] Guide dog injured on escalator

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:54:50 UTC 2009

I flew with Laveau from New Orleans to Salt-lake City a couple of
months ago.  There seem to be lots and lots of moving sidewalks in the
SLC airport and because moving sidewalks and escalators are not
Laveau's favorite thing, I used these as a "training opportunity."

I made sure that Laveau walked behind me and I laid my arm along the
top of the railing of the moving sidewalk.  I could feel the rail
start to curve when it was time to jump off.  It worked really well.
The experienced really helped Laveau become more relaxed on these
types of things.

Good luck.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"Struggle is a never ending process. Freedom is never really won, you
earn it and win it in every generation."
-- Coretta Scott King
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss