[nagdu] People problems on the bus

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 00:49:17 UTC 2009

Hi every one, I have been having a lot of problems with people on the bus.
So many people have petted Shaman the he just goes right up to people to be
petted. To day when I got on the bus,It was a short lift so the dog goes up
first and waits for me to come up on the lift. Any way I have him on a long
leash and the minute he gets on the bus, the hands reach out and pet
him.With the long leash, I have little control other that the fact the
Shaman is attatched to my hand.By the time I get up on the bus and try to
get into the wheelchair bay Shaman is making the rounds to every one to be
petted. No matter what I say to people, they just totally ignore me. I had
to ride backwards in the bay because I could not turn my chair around
because the dog would not back up for me. I tried voice corrections and then
resorted to leash corrections.People were yelling at me that I was being
cruel to my dog.I am afraid I will run over Shaman's Foot again, because he
is not paying attention to me. This problem is just getting worse. I hate to
go out any more because people won't leave my dog alone, and correcting him
doesn't work and only gets criticism. Nala pretty much ignored people that
petted her and did her job. She never had the distraction problems that
Shaman seems to have. I have tried using a sign on the harness handle but
people ignored it. Some people pet my dog just to annoy me as they are the
same people that I have asked repeatedly to please not pet my dog. Does any
one have any ideas?    Mardi and Shaman and Nala,retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/