[nagdu] Younger guide dog whining.

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Wed Nov 25 00:55:39 UTC 2009

Deanna,

I have 2 of those dogs, both black labs.  In fact, all three of mine were
this way, and not only did they dislike going onto wet grass, but totally
avoided leaveson the sidewalks in the fall, kind of like that movie with
Jack Nicholson, As Good As It Gets!  The same goes for water during rains or
just after and a hesitation to go through them.  My dogs would have
preferred to take me through the mud versus through a small puddle of water.
The interesting thing though, no problem with snow.  And to top all of this
off, all of my labs have hated water!

So, what I have found is that I just simply walk out on the grass with them.
It shows them it is okay, and so far so good.

Oh yea, if your pup is a lab, remind them that they are supposed to like
water!  I ahve done this constantly, and just get laughs from others around
me!

Steve