[nagdu] guide dog responsibilities

Sharonda Greenlaw sbgreenlaw at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 22:29:13 UTC 2009

It's Sharonda. And though I don't have a dog right now, I am so totally
enthused about this conversation. I haven't had a dog since June 14 and have
gone back and forth about whether I should or shouldn't get another dog.

I have however filled out my application at Guide Dogs of the Desert and am
awaiting their decision.

I really enjoy having a dog. Like the others have said, the interaction and
bonding are marvelous. And once you are bonded with a dog, they know you so
very well.

My mobility greatly increases when I have a dog--I find ways to become
active and exercise both the dog and I. I have more confidence in my
travels--though I've been told I am a very good traveler.

Chris, I think you are very smart for reviewing your options first. And this
list is a great place to get support and answers.

Once again, thanks to all. This thread has truly made me smile.

Sharonda

--
Sharonda Greenlaw
President (Phoenix Chapter)