[nagdu] harness Up Articles

Meghan Whalen meghan at n-republic.net
Thu Oct 1 13:40:17 UTC 2009

Hello everyone.  I am the new editor of Harness Up, NAGDU's publication for and about guide dog users.  The submission deadline is October 15, and I sincerely appologize for the short notice.  below, please find guidelines for article submission.  I have also listed some suggested topics and am open to further ideas.

starting a division of NAGDU
winter tips
washington seminar tips
is a dog right for you?
 quick tips in travel, everyday etc
grooming

  1.. All articles must be blindness and guide dog-related and an original piece of literature. Reprints will be considered on a case by case basis.
  2.. Authors should do their best to comply with the AP Style Guide available at
http://www.usu.edu/journalism/faculty/sweeney/resources/ap.htmP

lease adhere to the following mandatory style requirements:

a.        Ariel 14 pt. or plain text electronic file;

b.       Modified block format with .5" tab settings (Use tabs to indicate new paragraph, do not double space between paragraphs!);

    c.       Single space click between sentences. It is preferred that articles be submitted in MS-WORD format or plain text.

3. Article lengths should be as follows:

Feature Articles:  1000 - 1250  words (Queries preferred.)

General Articles:  500 words or less

Division News:  300 words or less  (Division Articles will be used sparingly and will appear in order of submission at the discretion of the Editor.)

  4.. the Editor has the discretion to reject or edit articles for quality, content, length, grammar, spelling, relevance, or other considerations. Rejected submissions will receive an explanation and can be re-submitted prior to the deadline date.
Submissions received after the deadline date may not be considered.

  5.. Articles should be submitted in electronic format as an attachment and sent to:
mewhalen at wisc.edu

For assistance, please contact:

Meghan Whalen, Editor

Harness UP