[nagdu] Grief sessions in class

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Thu Oct 15 00:21:11 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I did attend a grief/transition session at Leader last time around.  It was
held before we got our new dogs.  I think there were 3 of us returning
students and a staff member in the room, and none of us retrains were really
grieving.  As for me, my first dog Megan was still alive and doing well at
the time and was living the happy retired life, which she so richly
deserved.  She was in a good place being extremely well cared for, and her
retirement was long past due, so I had no feelings of guilt to deal with.  I
had taken a couple months' break between dogs, so I was ready for my next
dog.  The others seemed to be in the same mindset.  So there were no tears
shed, but we did have some good laughs reminiscing about our previous dogs'
antics and just reliving memories.  That also helps you get closure, in my
opinion.  I am glad they do offer those sessions though, I have heard from
others who did find them helpful.

AnnaLisa and Sundance