[nagdu] ranting

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Tue Oct 20 21:57:37 UTC 2009

Well then it is up to each handler to effectively communicate  their wishes
effectively, clearly and without confusion. If this is happening in places
she frequents then perhaps she needs to better communicate her wishes to her
immediate circle rather then, as some do, militantly punish the dog for
being a dog, I am on my first dog and refuse to have the type  of
relationship with my dog other then one of complete  and utter respect. It
is the people who enter our paths who need to be educated which is what I am
doing with my blind spot, perhaps one day this will be a moot point once we
get to be people who happen to be blind rather then that blind person.
Social paradigms  need to shift both within the blind and sighted
communities and it is up to us to show others how powerful and integral we
are as a community  and how valuable each of us are dog included. So while
you may have taken offense to my use of the word militant  I stand by it in
as much as I would like to think that a softer tone and a clearly
communicated  directive  would and should  suffice.

Albert J. Rizzi
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.