[nagdu] Bad to worse

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:41:07 UTC 2009

Hi Lora,  I have a friend who had a similar problem with a Mobility service
dog. The dog was sick when she got it and had health issues on and off for
several months. The dog would act like he was not paying attention to her
commands and began to wonder as they were walking. It was like the dog was
mentally not there. She tried correcting him,which did not work. She took
him to the vet to see if it might be a physical problem. The vet could not
find any thing wrong. One day she was walking down the sidewalk and the dog
suddenly walked off the side walk into the street and she fell and the dog
fell and the dog started convulsing. The dog was treated for Epilepsy but
continued to get worse. It was decided that he had a brain tumor. She kept
the dog for several years, but did not use him as a service dog. Spirit was
humanely put to sleep a few months ago as the cancer had spread from his
brain to his spine and he could no longer walk or even get up. I am not
saying this is Trice's problem, but his problem might be health related. I
do agree that he has become a danger to use. I hope you can get these
problems solved with the school and the dog. My prayers are with you! Have a
better day,  Mardi

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/