[nagdu] Guide Dog Cruises

countrygrl290 at aol.com countrygrl290 at aol.com
Mon Oct 26 03:48:01 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Suzy Wilson <keyboard4jesus at hotmail.com>
To: NAGDU MESSAGE BOARD <nagdu at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Sun, Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm
Subject: [nagdu] Guide Dog Cruises

Hey Guys,

     Maybe somebody out there can help me get the cobwebs out of my brain.
Before I recently became a first-time guide dog user with Dodie, I used to get
the Southeastern Guide Dogs school newsletters umpteen years ago when I wanted a
guide dog but was living in a situation at a girlfriend's house where I couldn't
have a dog and I remember reading a great article about Ed Ayres (spelling?) and
guide dog cruises he was arranging through Holland American in Miami I think.
Anyway, that article has stuck with me and now that I have a guide dog, I have
been searching for a website or somewhere I can call or write to for info about
guide dog cruises.

     Now that I have Dodie, I am definitely interested in travel (as I save my
nickels and dimes -whatever I can afford and have the time off) and finding out
about travel tours for blind people etc. My friend Sandra and her late husband
did a skiing trip for the blind in Colorado a couple of years ago.

     I have always been jealous of my dad and stepmom's ability to travel so
much and see new places, while I was always the one left at their house
petsitting their dogs!!

     Any help in finding out about Ed Ayres cruises or other travel
opportunities would be greatly appreciated!

-Suzy & Dodie