[nagdu] The Requirement of a Harness

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Wed Oct 28 02:35:44 UTC 2009

This was a month or so ago,
a lady came to mass with her pet.
The Deacon asked if she had a service dog, where she said yes.
I knew from the start yes was no.
I asked her if she trained her dog where she said yes she did.
That the dog was 19 years old.
Had the dog from a pup.
I asked her what the dog did for her, where she said kept her calm.
We got threw mass, when my dog wanted to greet, which I don't allow I
corrected.
Even outside going down the stairs, the lady realized I wasn't going to
let my dog greet, so she never came back again.
My dog is such a rat around other dogs.
Not so much with guides when he sees they are being controled.
he does talk to me about this problem though.
I felt angry that this lady took advantage of the Deacon.
I never said a word to him about this matter.
If the lady kept coming and the dogs were causing problems then I would
have said more.
There may come a day when I need to train my own dog.
If the school I went to couldn't pay for the plane ticket.
Where I would make sure I followed all the steps needed.
I am not against home training.
Just don't care for folks taking advantage.

--
--Dar
skype