[nagdu] update

Cindy Ray cindyray at qwest.net
Thu Oct 29 02:21:25 UTC 2009

Well, you are the customer. You have to decide in your heart if you feel
that it is worth it. They are asking you to do a lot of things. If you don't
do this, then you have to have in mind how long you are really willing to
try.

I had Wayne for two and a half years. Someone came out to work with me with
him. We worked with him anhd did clicker training. That instructor gave me
things to try, but he said he really didn't think the dog was a good match
and that if, after a month, I was not satisfied with the progress we were
making, I should tell them that I wasn't willing to continue. In his case,
he was moving very slowly. I was growing increasingly impatient with him. I
would tell him forward at corners and he wouldn't go, so I would push him.
Someone else worked with me some at  convention, but it became clear to me
that I wasn't willing. I hated to give the dog up and, in fact, could
actually have kept him and still gotten another dog. However, I did think
that there might be others who would not have quite the demands I had wwwho
could use him. So I said that I would no longer use him. No questions were
asked. Now, of course, this is a different school, but it might be worth a
shot. I realize that you've had him less than  year, but you have a feeling
for what it happening and a feeling for the progress he's making. However,
if the things they have asked you to do make you have a sense of hope, then
I think you ought to really give it a go. It is hard to give up a dog, and
it is a hassle to replace the dog. I've done this three times now, so I know
that. But you know better than absolutely anyone else if you feel safe and
if he is meeting your needs. I really hope you don't think I am trying to
talk you into giving up on him; I just think you need to know that you have
lots to consider and he right to say your feelings if he is not the right
dog.

Take good care, and I really wish you all the best with that sweet dog.

Cindy