[nagdu] Update on Sherrill O'Brien

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 30 00:36:18 UTC 2009

Dear All,
    I want everyone to know that I have passed on your well-wishes to Sherrill O'Brien and she is grateful for all of your support. I spoke with Sherrill last night and she told me she was drying out from the day-long rain in Morristown! The weather is a bit cooler than here in Florida, but it is a welcome change from the 85-degree heat and the 95% humidity! She tells me Fallon is working well and will be delighted when she finally finds her and hopes her left arm is still attached to the harness handle! (smile) Fallon has a very strong pull and a quick pace! At the same time, she stops on a dime at curbs! Fallon did get Sherrill a bit too close to a landscape timber and Sherrill took a tumble, but Fallon was very apologetic and made sure she gave her handler a bit more clearance on the next pass. Sherrill also told me she had her first traffic check yesterday and Fallon performed like a veteran!
    Sherrill has disabled mesages from most of the nfbnet lists while she is away. She is planning to complete her training on November 11 and return home on November 12. I will keep all of you abreast of Sherrill's progress as she provides updates to me!

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala