[nagdu] Collars wasRE: dog corrections

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed Sep 2 02:51:53 UTC 2009

Concerning choke chains, and almost any collar for that matter, they can be
used correctly or either incorrectly.  It all depends on the dog as to what
kind of collar needs to be used.  Regardless of the type of collar, with the
proper training, a person can effectively use any type of collar without
being harsh.  Although Lexia wears a choke chain, I rarely have to use it
for corrections.  Perhaps you could ask for a dog with a slightly milder
personality who may not need correcting much.