[nagdu] Retirement and Dog Sitter Access

Cindy Ray cindyray at qwest.net
Wed Sep 2 11:52:21 UTC 2009

When I retired my dog, he was upset when I went back to Kansas City and left
him here, and I, frankly, was, too, because it all came as a shock. (Not
sure why it should have.) I was given permission to bring him back to the
campus and keep him in my room because the school knew the dog. However, if
I was going somewhere, like even o the "pet allowed building", if someone
would prefer that I not bring the dog to their apartment, I would have to
comply. I finally came to the conclusion that, while it was nice having him
around, he was now a pet and not a guide and that if other students couldn't
have their big dogs there (theere was a 20 pound limit), then I really
shouldn't either. But the school gave me the opportunity to make that
decdision on my own.

Cindy Lou