[nagdu] harness signs

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Sep 12 12:51:21 UTC 2009

Wayne and Meghan,

Thanks for your input.  It helps me a lot.

I really don't have too many issues with petting.  Monty is a big dog, black
and has the Boxer mouth which causes many people to think he is ferocious
for some reason.  I frequently hear people say things to the effect of
"that's a pit bull"  as we pass.  But then again I had people ask if my
Beagle was a pit bull.  So who knows.

Anyway the sign comes with a new piece of equipment I am trying out.  I also
like to avoid explaining to people at businesses that he is indeed a service
dog.  It's no big deal and they are within their right to ask, but if a sign
can save me the time that'd be nice.

I think I'm going to go with the hand reaching to pet with the "no" symbol
over it and then maybe "guide dog" underneath it.   I'll let everyone know
if it makes any difference.  If it drives me crazy  I can take it off or
replace it with the "she bites" with arrow pointing up. *smile*

Julie