[nagdu] a question stemming from a hot debate

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Tue Sep 15 13:13:17 UTC 2009

Hi there,
One way to keep your dog on you is to do obedience daily.
then the dog will respect you at any time, no matter who he is visiting with.
when I visited Indiana with my family, my dog wouldn't keep his eyes from me.
I asked my brothere if he would take the dog out.
Brother got the leash, and the dog planted his feet.
He wasn't going with him at all.
I ended up taking the dog out with my brothers help.
I didn't know the home or anything at the time.
Then when I was with the school this last June, the instructor wanted
to put the harness on the dog.
Prince got behind me and didn't want the instructor touching him at all.
the instructor felt that the dog was concerned he would have to stay at
the school and not me.
The instructor shared with the other instructors not to handle the dog
to let me do it.
Because of the attachment the dog had.
This truly was interesting to me.
We respected the dogs wishes.