[nagdu] Toys and Words

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Sep 15 14:59:32 UTC 2009

I say "turn around" all the time.  I also say "elevator", which is longer.
 My dogs seem to understand what I mean, in context.
I also say "Upstairs", "downstairs", and moostairs (meaning escalator).
Other of my dogs have understood the difference, but Ben only seems to
hear the "stairs" part, and keep showing me stairs until we get the right
one. I decided to pick a "stairs" word for escalator, because it's a kind
of stairs, and also escalator might sound a lot like elevator to a dog.
They don't care what word I use, so long as I'm consistent.
Tracy